Tuesday, January 22, 2019



What is the procedure for applying for occupancy?

You need to contact the Garvey & Garvey Properties office (229-386-9931) to schedule an appointment during business hours to see the propertyOnce you have seen the property, you will have the opportunity to complete our application and pay the non-refundable $35.00 application fee.  Once the screening results are returned and all required paperwork is completed, Garvey & Garvey Properties will contact you regarding the status of your application. Pending approval, you will sign a one (1) year lease, pay the security deposit and first month’s rent, and sign all applicable addendums. All paperwork must be completed and signed before you will be given a key to the property. 



What happens once we are approved?

You will be contacted to schedule a time to come to Garvey & Garvey Properties to sign your lease.  



What is the amount of the security deposit and when is it due?

Most of our properties require a security deposit that is equal to one (1) month’s rent and is due at lease signing or ahead of time to reserve an apartment that will be coming available. This deposit will be held until the time you move out of the apartment and will be refunded as long as there are no damages and no money is owed.  


Who do I call for utilities? 



Phone Number 



GA Power




City of Tifton 




Plant Tiftnet 




City of Tifton 




City of Tifton 




What is the lease term?

All lease agreements are for one (1) year unless otherwise noted. 



What is the pet policy?

Garvey & Garvey Properties does NOT allow pets at any of our complexes (Rose Hill, Fulwood Point, Homeplace, Pinecreek Villas, Crescent Ridge), but DOES allow pets at our duplex and quadraplex units, provided the proper non-refundable pet fee has been paid.  



Who do I call if something is broken?

For all maintenance problems, please contact Garvey & Garvey Properties HERE or call(229-386-9931). If it is an after hours emergency call (229) 326-0123. 



If I get locked out or need extra keys, whom should I contact?

During office hours, you will need to come to the Garvey & Garvey Properties office to borrow a key. If it is after hours or on the weekend, you can contact our emergency number and, for a small fee, someone will let you in your apartment.   



When is rent due?

To standardize our collection procedures, rent is due on the first of the month. Rent is considered late if not paid by the 5th of the month and late fees are handled in accordance with the lease. 



Can I sublet my apartment?

Subletting is strictly prohibited. 



Can I extend my lease?

Yes, once your lease has ended Garvey & Garvey Properties will mail you a new lease that you can sign and return to our office.  



What will happen if I need to break my lease?

As stated in the lease, if you need to break your lease, you will be required to give us a 30-day notice, you will owe one(1) extra month’s rent, and you will forfeit the security deposit. 



What doI do when it is time for me to move out?

At the time of move out, you will need to leave the apartment in the same condition as when you moved in (move EVERYTHING out, clean and vacuum the entire apartment), turn ALL keys into Garvey & Garvey and give us a forwarding address and phone number in which to contact you.



end faq